Hello everyone and welcome back, hopefully you enjoyed our extended season hiatus and are ready for some TF2 and some Highlander. Before we publicly announce the season (pro tip: you can sign up already!) we wanted to let you know what happened and why we were MIA.
Over the past few weeks, we've been working to bring a new and updated website to you from what was a bit of a dilapidated state. You'll notice over the entire website we've made a range of changes, including our URL! While
respawnleague.com will redirect to this website, our new URL moving forward will be
rsl.tf for all of our services. With this major update, we've moved all league, community and services documentation to
docs.rsl.tf to make it easier to make more frequent updates.
There are a plethora of changes to the website, but none of them would be possible without /dev/zero, who stuck around and helped us through moving and updating the website, we can't thank him enough (you're a legend).
We will have more info regarding seasons and updates to our other services coming soon!
Hello everyone! We would like to welcome everybody back to another new season. But this season isn't like any other, this season has likely seen more changes over the board then any of our previous seasons, and it's been 2 years since we started the league. In this time we've seen 1177 users, 135 teams and 603 matches!
But you were likely on the edge of your seat waiting for this new season right? Well we won't hold you. You can sign up to the new seasons, make your teams, do whatever you want - just be aware that signups close Friday the 2nd of October.
Now that we have that tid-bit of info out of the way, we can get onto some of the changes. For this we will likely just list everything changed, and invite anyone who wants to discuss these changes to our discord's #tf-discussion channel. Let's get on with the changes:
Map changes/additions for this season
- Removed Gullywash
- Removed Proside
- Added Vigil_rc7
- Added Cascade_rc1a
Comp Fixes plugin
- Enabled Deterministic Fall Damage fix
- Enabled Ghost Crossbow Bolt fix
- Enabled the fix to remove Halloween ghost particle effects
- Adjusted STV usage rule to only focus on "Spectators" and remove anything relating to STV enforcement
- Amended "KOTH - King of the Hill" to represent our current system of play where we play one half of a map. Specifically for KOTH playing first to three points as opposed to the current wording of two points in a half
- Updated scoring section to be up-to-date with our current league structure
- Made updates to our casting rules, namely the introduction of a second approved organization
- Updated Active Roster vs. Player Pool in the ruleset to ease any future confusion
- Mirror ban rule has been updated; Respawn will now more heavily review bans from other leagues and make our own conclusion on whether a user should be banned, we still mirror ban the same types of offences
- Clarified social platforms
- Expanded on misleading admins T2, moving impersonation to this and out of our league ruleset
- Moved most, if not all important documentation to our new docs website, docs.rsl.tf
- Made small wording and terminology changes to a majority of our documentation
- Moved documentation from murmur.respawnleague.com to our new docs website
These aren''t all of the changes, but these are the most important and easiest to fit into this medium. We will likely be making further changes leading up to the season, and will inform you about those.
Before getting into things, we would like to congratulate every team that has made it into the playoffs for this season, along with every team who played this season. Without you, we wouldn't be able to run two divisions for the very first time!
- League Of Super Evil
- The Coal Mines
There are some important changes that came into this season regarding playoffs to try to encourage more competition and a shorter overall season runtime. Double Elimination has been retired in favor of Page Playoffs which operates more closely to Single Elimination. For example, the 3rd and 4th seed match up against each other and the loser is eliminated, with the 1st and 2nd seed going head to head with the winner moving straight to the finale. The victor of the 3rd/4th game will go up against the loser of the 1st/2nd game and decide who is brought to the finals. This means the playoffs will run for a total of 3 weeks.
Due to the smaller divisions, each division will only have the top 4 rankings advance to playoffs. There are some playoffs unique rules that come into effect that everyone needs to be aware of:
- Mercenary usage throughout playoffs needs to be approved by both the captain/s of the opposing team AND a League Administrator. Failure to do so will result in a penalty.
- There are no forfeits allowed in playoffs brackets.
- Due to the low match count that comes with smaller playoffs brackets, you will have a staff member assigned to oversee everything regarding your match; from mercenaries, scheduling, disputes and just to answer any general questions you have.
If you have questions regarding anything, or merely need help during playoffs, please contact either your assigned staff member or reach out through #admin-support in our discord.
Helpful Links (click on them)